Sunday, July 5, 2009

Creative Writing Student!

I'm starting university on the 27th of July at the tender age of 25. I'm finding it a little hard to believe. I've spent the past seven years regretting my decision not to study T.E.E in highschool and go straight into university. I made so many mistakes after highschool. I went stumbling down half a dozen different career paths that turned out wrong for me. Library studies. Child care. Old age care. I gave up office work for a while but now I'm back doing that and am happier then I have been in a long while. For the longest time my plan was simple: become a qualified child care assistant, get into a teaching course at university, and spend the next decade studying part time external while working in a child care center. Well, after two years of wiping bums, singing songs and dancing to the wiggles I decided that I'd rather poke out my eyeballs with a fork then work in child care for another decade so that plan went up in smoke! Plus there was the fact that a teaching course had a ten week prac assessment something I had no idea how I would do if I was working full time! so that led me to consider a Bachelor of Writing. I liked the idea of studying writing. After years of studying things I was not passionate about the idea of studying something I was actually interested in excited me. So I enrolled and got in. The plan was to go part time external now it turns out that only SOME of the subjects in my course are available off campus which means that I'm going to have to figure out a way to attend classes and still work full time! I'm hoping I can make it work. I don't want to be one of those people who wake up one day full of regrets. I WANT TO MAKE THIS WORK. I want to find a way to balance university and work. I can do this. I want to do this. Writing is my life. Its going to be great to sit in a classroom full of other writers and learn about writing. Its where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment