Sunday, January 30, 2011

www.marisaquinn.com coming soon!!

I have changed so much as a writer since 2008. I was just having a look at some of the short stories I wrote back then and for some reason the size of the fonts I was using was huge and in one document I had a space between each two lines. I have no idea why I did this and all I can do is scratch my head now and go "Wa?" I can't believe how many short stories I managed to churn out in 2008. I think I did around five or something and then I spent a year and a half working on Echoes in the Wind which was a novella. I'm going to go back and rewrite all my 2008 shorts. I'm thinking about having a crack at entering writing contests. I've never done it before and I'm seriously thinking about trying my luck with FOREVER IN YOUR ARMS because its short and is a violent, with a sad ending, but might be good for a content instead of a magazine. I'm probably definately going to rewrite TEARS OF A GODDESS as a novella around 40k or longer and I might have a crack at doing GODDESS AWAKENING again. I've started making my website! I'm using the CSS skills I learnt last semister in class. I feel real proud of myself. It looks so much nicer than the website I did for my class assingment. It looks so professional and I made it all myself. I still feel a bit weird about having a website. I keep wondering to myself "Am I real writer? Am I doing this too soon?" I feel like I should wait until I have finished another novella and gotten it published. But Jay tells me I am a real writer and I should have a website so I'm going ahead with it. I'm going to purchase my own domain name as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment