Thursday, January 27, 2011

Echoes in the Wind is getting published!!

I wrote Echoes in the Wind during one of the most difficult periods of my life. It took me over a year and was one of the toughest, hardest things I've ever worked on. I spent weeks sometimes on a single paragraph! and now it is getting published!! I am so thrilled. I am getting published through Champagne Books. Their front covers look amazing and their contract was awesome, no shifty fees, or clauses that made me raise an eyebrow. I am so proud of myself. I feel like a real author this time. Whispers in the Dark, while a sweet little story, was an accident. I wrote it intending for it to get published in a magazine. I sent it to Eternal Press on a whim and could not have been more shocked when it got accepted. I never considered Whispers a real book though, it wasn't even thirty pages long, yet everyone called it one. "My daughter has a book published!" my parents would tell people. I would think to myself "It's not really a book...its a short story..." People assumed that I had written some 500 page tome that was on sell in Dymocks. The truth was it was teeny ebook that made a couple of bucks. I knew I wasn't going to make much money from Whispers though. Getting Whispers in the Dark made me determined to write something much, much longer, that would go on sale for a decent price. Echoes in the Wind was the first story I wrote after Atlantis Reborn that I told myself to make it as long as possible. It ended up being 27,000 words long which I thought was pretty cool at the time. Now it looks like Deep Embrace will top that well and good!


Echoes in the Wind is coming out in march 2012. I'll be sure to post the front cover here once it has been released. I'm so excited about seeing Echo and Narcissus come to life on a front cover!! They are my most beautiful exotic couple ever. They are going to look gorgeous!!


Hopefully Deep Embrace will be the next to get published!!

No comments:

Post a Comment