Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tears of a Goddess

Once I finish Echoes in the Wind I might go back and rewrite Tears of a Goddess. When I first wrote this story it clocked it at 15,000 words. I cut it down to 11,000 which puts it smack dab in the middle of the no man's land between short stories and novellas. Its too long to be considered a short story and a teensy bit too short for a novella. So I'm going to go back and rewrite it. Only instead of trying keep the word count short, I'm going to flesh it out and turn it into a nice sized novella, then try and sell it as an e-book. I'll probably rewrite the beginning and the middle and maybe change the ending a bit. Hell, who am I kidding, I'm considering rewriting most of it. I would really like to see it published one day. For the past 12 months I've been focusing mainly on short stories (and enjoying a break from novels) I've been trying to get them published in magazines. I think I might split my efforts between magazines and e-books. Echoes in the Wind is progressing well. I've almost finished the first scene. Once I put the final touches on it I might post it for critique somewhere. I keep wondering how long it is going to take before I get to see the front cover for Whispers in the Dark. To say I'm excited about it is putting it mildly. Once I get to see it I will post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment