Wednesday, December 31, 2008

House of Distractions

I haven't gotten much writing done in the past couple of days. Most days, the only real distractions I have at home are my little sister Katie, my dog and three cats. My parents are home at the moment because of xmas so the house has been very loud and crowded. It doesn't help that we're in the middle of summer and my room sits on the side of the house that gets the most sunlight. The curtains my parents picked don't do a very good job at blocking out the sunlight so during the day my room is bright and hot. So as you can imagine I don't like locking myself in there for 8 hours every day to try and write. I have a little blue fan that blows a delightful breeze onto me. I can never feel the air conditioning. For some reason it doesn't work so well in my room. All I get is a hot trickle of air. I was sitting in my room trying to write this afternoon and didn't get much done. My sister Kelly came over to visit with her one year old son Brandon. I love Brandon. He's an adorable little toddler. I'll happily sit down and play with him just not when I'm writing. I was working on a paragraph that had been troubling me all day when my little sister Katie came into the room two times with Brandon, then forgot to shut my door so Brandon wandered a third time, went out, then my Mum brought him in AGAIN. I am such a slow writer. In the past 2 months I've done 9 pages of work. Ooh, wow. Today I did a paragraph! I usually write more. I'm currently stuck in unemployment limbo so I've been a bit bored. I'm hoping I will get a job soon ---any job---- that will pay enough for me to get off frigging centerlink benefits. Maybe once I'm a little happier in life my writing will pick up speed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment