Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Onto stage two

After some formatting hiccups (stupid inch/metric conversions) Whispers in the Dark has been forwarded to the editing department to be reviewed. Every time I open the file and look at it my inner critic screams at me to delete this...shorten that sentence...remove that description...I have to remind myself that I can't do that anymore. Its been sold. I have to sit back and let others take control of the editing process now. Its going to be scary when I get the file back from the editors and have a look at all the areas they didn't like. I've never been professionally edited before. I sent one of my stories to a book doctor back when I was still in highschool. I'm kinda curious what is going to happen...will Whispers be torn to shreds? will the editors like it? will I have to change much? Who knows. I've entered a scary (and exciting) new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment