Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Text Speak

I really hate it when people write in text speak on the internet. I didn't really mind it when people first started using it when I was a teenager. Back then the most people used were BRB or ASL or LOL in chat rooms. Now people are using text speak in real life and inserting text speak into sentences with the King's English. One of my most despised "words" that I've seen people using is "I lol'ed" now I am fond of using the occasional text speak word (WTF pretty much describes how I feel when I see people write things like I lol'ed) I draw the line when people start inserting text speak into every day conversations. I mean, come on, lol'ed? When people say things like that I have an urge to grab them by the shoulders and shake them and scream "SPEAK ENGLISH!!" at them.

It's laziness basically. Facebook is real bad. Some people use text speak so bad I find it hard to understand them sometimes. I hate it when write 2 instead of to and shorten words to a couple of letters or add an s or a z on the end of them. I really REALLY hate it when I see famous people write in text speak. I feel like it is setting such a bad example. I know, I know, I sound like an old fuddy duddy, but it's true!! Is it so hard for people to write are instead of the letter r? or you instead of u? How many children are growing up right now with retarded English skills? Text speak is almost becoming a seperate language. Maybe eventually it will be called 'Teenager Code' or something and the only people who will be able to understand it will under educated doucebags who sit on facebook all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment