Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thick Skin

Whispers in the Dark got its first bad reader review. It wasn't really a review, more of an opinion. Someone voted Whispers in the Dark as being "poor" on Fictionwise. Ah, well. I don't think my little story is poor, its gotten three really good reviews. Bad reviews are just part of the writer's life. It doesn't matter how much effort I put into a story, how long I spend editing it or how much love and passion I pour into the characters, there will always be people who won't like my story. You can't please everyone. Just gotta accept it. I suppose I should be relived that I didn't stumble across a paragraph long rant about Whispers. I've read some pretty snotty reviews on my time...gotten some pretty snotty critiques...every writer dreads having them written about their work. Gotta have a thick skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment