Saturday, June 20, 2015

Rewriting your book from the point of view of another character is really lazy

There is a new Fifty Shades of Grey book out and it's written from the point of view from Christian Grey and tells the story of Fifty Shades of Grey from his point of view. I...hate this idea. If you strike it lucky with a book writing ANOTHER book that is the SAME book but written from the point of view from another character is LAZY and a GREEDY grab for cash. E.L James could've written something new, fresh and original for once in her life but once again she is riding the coat trails of Stephanie Meyer who started down the road of doing this but never went through with it in the end. I have not read Grey but I have been reading the reviews (which are hilarious) I have flipped through the book in the shops and it's a lot like the other ones intriguing with a twist of bullshit. Her writing style straddles the line between intriguing and shit. It is raw, rough and simplistic and cringe worthy but with flashes of something in there...it might be talent growing out of a pile of dirt or it might be the ramblings of a woman who thinks too highly of herself. I don't know. I won't be reading the book. But I look forward to it being mocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment