Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Rejection

I'm not worried about Echoes in the Wind's marketability anymore. I got an email the other week from a publisher requesting a full copy of the manuscript. I was thrilled. I hadn't heard a word from them in over a month and had assumed that it was a rejection in the form of a no response. I thought it was my query letter. Instead of sending one with a short paragraph describing the book, I did something different and wrote one line describing the book and I attached a blurb and a synopsis. I was so happy when I got the request for a full. I had spent weeks agonizing over Echoes, wondering if it was marketable, and then out of the blue comes a publisher who I had written off wanting to see more. A publisher WHO DID NOT CARE that I had made Echo black, or that the ending was sad, or any of the other changes I made to the myth.

I got a rejection today, but I don't care. I'm happy. I have my confidence back. I just spent a good hour researching more publishers and I have already sent Echoes off to another one. If Echoes cannot find a publisher before I finish Deep Embrace, I will go through and edit it again, before sending it back out into traffic.

I've also decided to try and write a novel after Deep Embrace. If I can get it over 50,000 I'll be happy. I've learnt alot about writing over the past three years. I feel like I'm ready to go back to novels and write one that will not go rambling on for hundreds of pages like Atlantis Reborn and the Secret World did.

No comments:

Post a Comment