Sunday, September 28, 2014

Go to Fucking Sleep is getting a sequel

Go to Fucking Sleep is a parody/comedy picture book for adults about a father who keeps trying to put his toddler to bed but the little devil keeps asking for another drink, another story, until he finally falls asleep. I loved the book before I was a parent and I'm excited that there is a sequel coming out. I hope he makes it into a series because he could milk this. Just think about all the things that kids do that piss off their parents. Put on your Fucking shoes. Stop fucking demanding junk food. And so and so on. I know some people think these books are harmful because shouldn't a good parent not think these things about their kids? All parents have moments of frustration with their children but it doesn't mean they don't love them. Yes, you shouldn't swear at your child, but if you privately think to yourself "Please GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP!" it doesn't make you a bad parent it makes you a tired human being who is struggling to hold onto their patience and just wants to go to bed yourself. I would love to give Go the Fuck to sleep to other parents I know as a joke present but I'm afraid of offending them. So I will enjoy them myself. There is even a "G" friendly version of the book without swear words that you can read to your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment